We love our clients.
Request refill for your pet’s medication online.
Shop for pet medications, supplements, food, treats, and more!
Due for a visit? Request an appointment
Costs associated with your pet’s health can quickly spiral into thousands of dollars – are you financially prepared for your pet’s future healthcare costs? With pet health insurance, you’ll be able to provide your pet the best medical care possible.
Resources we have found to be most helpful:
Visit www.petinsurancereview.com – This page assists pet owners shopping for pet insurance by providing general information and insurance quotes. This website is not owned or controlled by any pet insurance company.
How does Health Pet Insurance work?
With the convenience of our portable policies, you can visit any licensed veterinarian. Simply pay for treatment at the time of service, fax or mail the claim form along with your invoices. After meeting your policy’s deductible, you are reimbursed according to your plan’s benefit schedule allowance or the eligible invoice amount, whichever is less.
Top Things to Know
- Insurance Companies are all different — Coverage and premiums differ. Figure out what’s right for you.
- Don’t just look at the price — Cheaper policies tend to provide less coverage.
- Use any vet you want — All pet insurance companies will allow claims from any licensed veterinarian.
- Pre-existing conditions are usually not covered — However, there are different definitions of “pre-existing”. Example, some plans cover ear infections if the pet goes a certain length of time without treatment before the next infection.
- Get insurance while your pet is young — This will reduce pre-existing condition exemptions and monthly cost.
- Pet Insurance is worth it — It pays to have insurance for large, unexpected medical care costs like injury or illness. Paying for coverage for wellness/routine care does not always save money, but it is nice to be able to spread out the payments over the year.
Determine what kind of coverage you need – there are three types of plans
- Accident – Most common type. Offers accident coverage, no matter the age of your pet.
- Illness – This type is often limited and becomes more expensive as your pet ages.
- Wellness – For routine care. Does not always save money, but it’s nice to spread the payments over the year.
Consider these key points when selecting an insurer:
- Check out exclusions – What’s not covered?
- What is the basis for premiums? Age, breed, location, spay/neuter status?
- Review any age limits for coverage – Is there an age minimum? Does coverage stop at a certain age?
- Is there a multi-pet discount?
- What are you buying? Some policies cover only accidents, accidents & illness, comprehensive coverage
- What are the deductibles? What are the co-pays and caps on coverage? Is it an annual deductible or per incident?
- Check to see if the insurer excludes any genetic or hereditary conditions for your pet or a specific breed.
- Is holistic or alternative medicine covered? Such as acupuncture, cold laser, stem cell therapy, physical therapy?
- What is their customer service record? Are they easy to reach and available when you need them?
- Is there a waiting period after purchasing insurance before coverage starts?
- What are the reimbursement rates and how long does it take to process claims?