To all our valued Indian Head Animal Hospital clients and pets (Effective 5/16/2020)
In an effort to keep our IHAH family healthy – both employees and clients, please read our policies to address the spread of the COVID-19 novel virus.
IHAH POLICIES REGARDING COVID-19
4. Please do not visit our hospital if you are experiencing ANY symptoms of illness. We want to continue to provide excellent care for your precious pets, and in order to do so, we need to stay healthy. We work very closely with each other and your pets. Illnesses can spread easily in this environment. Pets can be contaminated with virus particles and serve as a fomite (essentially a contaminated surface) in the spread.
5. Please do NOT visit the clinic within 2 weeks of ANY travel without giving us prior notification so we can determine if it is safe to visit.
6. We will allow same day cancellations with no penalties until the threat of Coronavirus has resolved.
7. If your pet is sick or needs immediate attention and you are not well or have been around others who are not well, you must call the clinic and inform us so we can determine how best to safely help your pet.
8. MEDICATION REFILLS - Please make sure you have enough medications for your pet to last 1-2 months. If your pet needs a medication refill, please call (301)292-1150 or email us (Info@indianheadanimalhospital.com), submit through our Pet Page Mobile App. You can pay for your medications ahead of time via phone or online. When you arrive, please call from your car, and a member of our team will run the medication out to you.
9. In order to keep our staff safe, the bathroom will be reserved for the use of our employees only. Until further notice, there will be no use by clients of our team’s bathroom. There will be no exceptions. We are very sorry for this inconvenience.
10. Employees are not allowed to work with any symptoms of illness. Rest assured that we are taking all precautions to protect you when you visit our clinic. Any employees with a history of domestic or international flight travel to a CDC Level 3 or 4 area are required to complete a 14 day quarantine period.
11. Please be patient while we schedule appointments, during our check in/out procedures, and while waiting for an exam room. Taking the necessary precautions between clients and patients will require more time. We will be adjusting our scheduling accordingly.
12. If you have any questions about your visit or your pet, we are always available to answer your questions. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. It is because we care so much about our entire IHAH family that we are taking this so seriously and making no exceptions.
13. The role that animals play in the spread of this virus is still unknown. To date, there is no evidence that cats and dogs can contract COVID-19 and then infect humans. Pets can, however, serve as a source of the infection because they can be contaminated with the virus particles on their fur. For reliable and up-to-date information, please read:
Title: COVID-19 FAQ for Pet Owners
Author(s): Mark Rishniw, BVSc, PhD, DACVIM (SA-IM), DACVIM (CA)
Web Page: https://veterinarypartner.vin.com/doc/?id=9548687
Note: When you visit the above link, you will see the complete text of the article including images, handouts and/or links to related articles.
Description: The illness caused by SARS-CoV-2 is coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).