Our top priority for your pet's surgery is to keep them
SAFE & HAPPY
We use state-of-the-art surgical equipment and prioritize educating our clients, so you know the appropriate aftercare for your pet.
Surgery – (Traditional, Laser and CryoProbe)
We perform routine Spay / Neuter veterinary surgeries. We also perform surgeries for fractured bones, tumor removals, eyelid deformities, ear flap and ear canal conditions, oral diseases and many more. We have an excellent surgery room equipped with a heart and blood oxygen monitor, EKG monitor, and a Blood pressure monitor to ensure the safety of our surgical patients.
We are strong proponents of pain management. We will do everything possible to ensure minimal pain and discomfort for all patients.
Laser Surgery For Your Pet
The use of the Carbon Dioxide Laser has largely replaced the scalpel in our office. We take great pride in being the first veterinary practice in Prince George’s County to offer laser surgery.
What is laser and how does it work?
Laser stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission Radiation. A laser is a device which generates an intense beam of light. The Carbon Dioxide Laser produces an invisible beam, which heats and vaporizes tissue almost instantaneously. This is done so precisely that normal surrounding tissues are hardly affected.
What is a laser used for?
Several routine surgeries, including spays and neuters can be performed with the laser. The laser works extremely well for declawing and removal of many tumors by reducing swelling, bleeding and pain. Because of the precise control of the laser, tumors of the eyelids can be removed completely with minimal discomfort while preserving much more of the eyelid than possible with traditional surgery.
Advantages of the laser
- Less pain: The laser seals nerve endings, reducing postoperative pain. The healing is more comfortable.
- Less bleeding: The laser shrinks small blood vessels, considerably reducing bleeding
- Reduces infections: The laser sterilizes as it cuts, and does not touch the tissue.
- The laser also seals lymphatic tissue, which reduces swelling.
- Saves time & money: The laser allows many procedures to be performed under local anesthesia. This may reduce the use of a general anesthesia, thus reducing risk and possibly an overnight stay
The Cryoprobe is the perfect combination of accuracy, ultra cod freezing power (N2O) and pressure. These qualities make the Cryoprobe the perfect choice for the removal of skin tags, warts and other skin masses. This is a non painful treatment with little preparation, no anesthesia and little to no follow up required.